Canon lenses are so qualitatively distinct that writing about them is never an easy task. After reading a lot about the lenses (and also using some of them) we can finally list down these lenses of all time.
Now, everyone is aware that how Canon has always been way ahead of its competitors when it comes to the quality of images, technological advancement and even price ranges of its lenses. There are some lenses like the much-loved Canon f/1.2L lenses that has been a bestseller amongst the professionals. While Canon’s biggest contemporary Nikon provides high-priced lenses, Canon’s lens technology is highly overwhelming and includes features like a cropped sensor (EF-S) and full frame (ES) options. Okay, so here goes the top 4 best DSLR lenses for your Canon camera of all time:
- At the 1st place is the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM: The minimum Focus Distance is 1.15 ft with the filter size of 49mm. This lens by Canon is an easy to love lens with great optical quality, autofocus, top of the class build quality. The image output is magnificent with unparalleled image sharpness, color contrast making it on the Canon’s bestseller list.
At the second place, we have:
- Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM: Here are the top-rated features of this lens:
– 40mm focal length, F2.8 maximum aperture
– Ultra-compact ‘pancake’ design: just 22mm thick
– Linear Stepper Motor (STM) focusing with full-time manual override
– 0.3m closest focus, offering 0.18x magnification
– Canon EF mount for full-frame and APS-C SLRs, or EOS M using adapter
At the third place, we have:
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM: This lens is among the worlds’ best lenses with excellent autofocus, bokeh effect and also the perfect breathing. For those of you who aren’t aware of Breathing: It is a motion picture term which refers to what happens as you pull (change) focus from near to far. This might be of interest to cinematographers, but not to still photographers. Here are the flagship features:
-EOS 5D combines a standard zoom range
-Constant maximum aperture
-Good optical quality
-Effective image stabilization
- Canon 35mm f/1.4 L: A true all-rounder with an ultra-fast, ultra-sharp lens that specializes in sheer versatility. The build quality on this lens is superb. The massive focus ring is perfect for fine-tuning focusing, even in autofocus mode (this sounds small, but it makes a huge difference in precise photos). This lens has a defining characteristic with its versatility. Having a great focal length, shallow DOF and to focus to bokeh transition. Though it might seem vague at this points, it is exactly why photographers recommend this lens for anyone who needs to have a good camera lens in handy.
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L II: Here are the main specifications of this lens:
-24-70mm focal length
-Fast F2.8 constant maximum aperture; F22 minimum
-Ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) focusing with full-time manual override
-0.38m closest focus, offering 0.19x magnification
-For Canon SLRs of all formats (full frame, APS-H, and APS-C)
Though the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM was announced a year ago, it features an all-new optical design and provides improved imaging performance right across the frame and reduce the overall distortion when compared to its predecessors.
We really hope you enjoyed this list of best lenses for your Canon Cameras. While we don’t recommend buying just any mediocre lens for your cameras it is important to use a great lens to its full potential. Happy Shopping, people!