The trend of vlogging is at its peak as people across the world come together to live your experience together with you. From being active on YouTube to capturing your best travelogues on the vlogging cameras, the expectation of your audiences increases day by day. Though there are several options of good vlogging camera, here are some of the topmost camera recommendations:
Our Top Recommendation would be:
This beast of a camera makes you believe that the best things come in small packages. Being well-designed, a compact having a versatile focal range, good image quality and a large buffer for continuous shooting and 1090/60p video capture. Sharpening and the noise reduction in JPEGs are heavy handed with good battery life.
These type of cameras are best for travelers seeking a pocketable camera that performs great in low light and great control over depth-of-field, making it one of the best choices for a good vlogging camera.
- Sony a7R II:
Being a full frame mirrorless camera with 5-axis image stabilization, featuring the world’s first 35mm BSI CMOS sensor and includes a hybrid autofocus system and 4K video capabilities. Though the name and appearance are similar to the first series of a7s, the body of this camera is essentially the same as that of the 24MP a7 II. This mirrorless camera also has staggering phase-detection autofocus capabilities and have been increased to the point where it focuses quickly and effectively to its own lenses. Good vlogging camera, sorted!
- Sony a6500:
Being the company’s top-tier APS-C mirrorless model, a 24MP stills and video camera with image stabilization. The Key Features would include:
- 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor with 425 phase detection points
- 2.36M-dot OLED EVF
- Tilting rear touchscreen
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization
- 11 fps continuous shooting for up to 300 JPEGs / 100 Raws
- Canon 70D:
It is a mid-range SLR aimed squarely at enthusiast photographers and on the outside, it looks entirely different to its predecessor the 60D and on the outside, it is a completely different camera. Having an innovative 20.2MP ‘Dual Pixel CMOS AF’ sensor, promising hugely improved autofocus in live view and during travelogues. As shooting with the optical viewfinder has a 19-point AF module borrowed from the EOS 7D. Packed with the full of Canon’s latest technology and includes a full touchscreen control, built-in Wi-Fi for image sharing and remote camera control.
- GoProHero 5:
It renders a completely smooth 4K videos and comes with a touchscreen interface and voice activation making it user-friendly. However, with the plastic casing, it can be a bit awkward to use. But, honestly, this is the most popular good vlogging camera.
- Voice-activated camera controls
- Improved video and image quality
- Easy-to-use range of editing apps
- Waterproof to 10m/33ft without a case
- Refined design
From action cameras to DSLRs, there are plenty of cameras to suit your needs as a blogger, here are few tips that can help you to get started:
- DSLRs offer the best versatility when it comes to capturing the best of photos and videos, but because of its bulkiness, it isn’t preferred much with the vloggers.
- Action cams are most prudent with daily vloggers as they have to keep shooting even when they are working out, driving etc – giving the audience a first-person point of view.
- Cameras that require interchangeable lenses are not for everyone. As you are a beginner, the best way to go about is by sticking to something simple and affordable.
- Figuring the needs first, depending on the shooting that you would be doing, you would need tripods, a camera with low-light recording capabilities, enhanced audio. Planning it out in details can enhance your vlog.
If you’re looking for a place to shop your favorite vlogging cameras, here’s our favorite vlogging camera in the button below: